By Heath Sikkema
In most cases, I sit down with clients (usually over the phone) and discuss the following questions regarding their logo design requirements. But they can also be sent as an email questionnaire:
- What is your business name? (as you would like it to be displayed on a logo), ie: If for example your business name is, “Northside Counselling Services Pty Limited”, but you don’t want the Pty Ltd to be displayed on your logo, please let me know.
- Have you seen any logos that you like as reference points so that I can gauge your preferred style and taste? Please attach or send me links to where I can see them online. If possible, please detail what you like about the logos you have selected.
- Do you have colours in mind that you quite like? It is recommended to keep logos to 1, 2 or 3 colours. Numerous colours can make a logo look less iconic. Of course there are exceptions to this rule.
- Are there colours that you definitely do not like?
- What words BEST describe the look you are wanting the logo to reflect, ie: Corporate, Elegant, Modern, Retro, Abstract, Old fashioned, Fast-paced, Action, Bold, Techno, etc…
- Do you have a tag-line that you would like displayed as part of your logo?
- What is the age group of your most desired customers?
- Are there any icon symbols or images that you would like incorporated in to the logo (ie: a tree, a book, the world globe).
- If you have any preference regarding possible font styles to be used, please let me know.
- If you have any additional comments or guidelines regarding the desired outcome of your logo design, please list them below.
Everyone has different tastes and style preferences and design can be subjective, so it is important to get a clear understanding before starting the design process.
The Design Process
If you already have an idea for a logo, we can design based on your guidelines, or we can brainstorm and sketch, developing several design concepts for you to choose from. Once we have agreed on a design concept, we then refine and adjust it according to your feedback and provide the finished artwork in several file formats (including the original artwork file if desired).